Tip of the Week

Tip of the Week:





Remember to take rest days!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pacific Beach

Ahhhh!! Feels good to be back outside! One of my favorite places to run is Pacific Beach aka PB. I haven't ran here in a while but I figured what better way to kick off my training than to do my long run along the beach! The starting point of my run is up on a cliff where I can feel the ocean breeze. You can often see people doing yoga there or sitting on the grass watching the surfers in the early morning. What better view to relax to..

From there, I head to the boardwalk that's filled with restaurants, beach shops and vacation homes.  It looks empty right now (I started running pretty early) but the boardwalk is usually filled with tons of people. From the boardwalk you can see Belmont Park and restaurants such as the Green Flash and World Famous.  I've eaten quite a few times at World Famous, the food is super yummy!!

It's early in the morning and I'm enjoying the quiet (since I rarely get that at home with a very talkative 2 year old) and get into a zone during the run.  I think I was conjugating verbs in Spanish (don't ask, my mind really wanders during runs) when I realized I had reached the end of the boardwalk and it was time to turn around. From the start point to the end of the boardwalk and back is roughly 6 miles.  Sure beats the treadmill!!

My husband just finished fixing our BOB stroller.  Maybe I'll take the little one out to the boardwalk next time so I can have a little company even if it costs me some quiet time. :)  

'Til next time.. Get out there and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment