Tip of the Week

Tip of the Week:





Remember to take rest days!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/11 Hero Run

Just hearing the national anthem before the race brought tears to my eyes.  It brings me back to that fateful day and I can remember so clearly exactly what I was doing when I heard the news about the World Trade Center. 

The race was in Mission Trails Regional Park here in San Diego.  It was a beautiful place to hold an event that honored so many. 


There were alot more runners than I expected.  It started a little late and there were quite a few bottlenecks on the course.  I ran with my co-worker, Joseph and his dog Marley.  It was Marley's first race.  He did very well!!



Thanks to all the volunteers who help to make a race run smoothly and who ensure that we runners get to the finish line!  We couldn't do it without you guys! 

Towards the finish, I saw a man in full military uniform with all his gear on his back running.  I felt honored to be able to run in this race with him. 

It may have been 10 years since that day, but we will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment