Tip of the Week

Tip of the Week:





Remember to take rest days!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Track Workout

I went to my first track workout with Ekiniris Performance.  Glenn Matanza, the head coach, is friends with my husband and we saw him and his wife (who is an elite tri-athlete) at a picnic this summer.  We got to talking about the races and their coaching services.  They have weekly track workouts along with swim and bike sessions (for tri-athletes).  Glenn invited me to come to their track workout session to check it out. I had set a goal earlier this year to break the 2 hour mark for the half marathon.  As I told you before, I missed  my goal in February by a minute.  Seriously so frustrating every time I think about it.  Anyways, I hadn't been able to attend all summer and was definitely out of training mode.  But with Silver Strand only 6 weeks away, I figured I'd better get on it.  So I went to the track workout this past Tuesday.  It was at NTC Liberty Station in Point Loma.  It's a nice open grassy area with the bay in the background.


We ran several 600s and Glenn gave us several tips on running form.  That night, boy, did I feel sluggish! (That'll teach me to eat carne asada fries and Hodad's burgers all summer! But I have to admit, it was still worth it!)  We finished up the night with some ab exercises.

The next day, I had a recovery run of 2 miles.  Then I rested the next day.  Last night, I set out to run 6 miles.  I ran 6.5 miles @ 8:59 pace!  And it didn't feel too hard!  I am amazed!  I haven't ran that pace since earlier this year.  I focused on my form and it made running easier.  Felt like my legs had alot of energy. Guess that track workout helped! I will be back next week for another grueling track session.  Crossing my fingers that it'll get me to my half marathon goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment